Monday, September 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Home Sweet Home!
We have finally started our long and excited adventure into medical school. Yeah!! We are loving it! It's so comforting to have our own place where we can settle in for a few years and make some good friends while planting our roots in this crazy Las Vegas heat. Here is our cute house. Nathan calls it a "shotgun" house because if you stand at the front door you can shoot a shotgun clear through to the back of the house! It's very long and skinny but we have enjoyed making it our own. We still have some plans for the house but we have to pace ourselves. Now that we are finally official "bloggers" you'll all be up-to-date on all our latest adventures! Enjoy!

The entire downstairs!!

We are very proud of this TV nook. It was a struggle to figure out how to put furniture in it becuase it's not very deep at all! With the long skinny house we needed to make this nook work or we would lose tons of space downstairs by putting the TV on the floor not to mention a very awkward layout. So we took our tape measure shopping and found the perfect stand and later some accessories. Oh yeah and my talented paint job! We love the way it turned out!
Here is our cute little kitchen! We have some fun plans still to come for this room, like painting the walls, putting a dark glaze on the cabinets and new pantry doors. They are those ones that slide back and forth on a track and the keep coming off the track, UGH! So we've got to fix that! Also our backyard is about to get some TLC. It's been too hot to be oustide but it's finally cooling off so we will be putting in grass, a few plants and trees for shade. It's right outside that window over the sink, the door is to the left. We love to open the blindes and enjoy the natural light but our backyard's not the best view right now.
The guest bedroom. Doesn't it looks so cozy? You know you want to come visit!!

And our Master bedroom, courtesy of Meagan's painting skills.






























And finally the loft. And the hallway. Oh and our office, I mean My office. Nathan is currently on a card table in the third empty bedroom. He needs a quiet closed off space to study where I'm not allowed....J/K! Hahaha I am allowed but I do my best to leave him alone.

10 comments:

  1. Looks great!!!! Your house is beautiful! Can't wait to see more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg and Nathan! I am so excited that you have a blog! Now I can keep tabs on you guys! And you are right, your guest room looks inviting! Love ya tons and we hope that you keep blogging! (PS--you and I picked the same back ground for our blogs! Great minds think alike!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new blog layout!! Your house looks great. I'm gonna add you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the blog all figured out--good job! Let me know if you have any questions.

    PS--House looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute house...but of course, you always do such a cute job decorating! Glad you have a blog now so we can see what you guys are up too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You have a blog! I'm super happy to be able to get peeks into your home and the adventure of medical school. DARLING decorating job and love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's about time you started a blog! Love ya! Your house looks so cute! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your house! You do such a great job decorating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, that was my comment. I have no idea why my user id is coming up that way. So weird. Still love the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, that was my comment. I have no idea why my user id is coming up that way. So weird. Still love the house.

    ReplyDelete