Friday, April 17, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle

Nathan and I were lucky enough to take a trip up to Washington to visit my brothers and their sweet families. We started out at Jason and Jamies. Jason introduced Nathan to laser tag in the woods at night, we stayed up late talking, watching movies, playing Mario Kart, (well I attempted it didn't go very well, those dumb carts are hard to drive!), ran around with the kids and tried to wear them out for bed but I think they wore us out instead! We learned not to underestimate an 8 year old when it comes to video games (wow Noah really "humiliated" us hahaha) and that Adam loves chocolate so much he sleeps with it, and Katie, well she is of course the "princess" all the time!
We took a trip to introduce Nathan to Pike's and he loved it! Beautiful flowers (which he didn't buy me, but assured me I would have a new boquet every week if we lived there.....hmmm tempting....), little donuts of course are always a hit, watching the guys throw the fish and enjoying the fresh food and fun artistry for sale.

We were then passed on to Mike and Melissa's after a fun hike up "twin falls" (I think that's what it's called) it was beautiful even in the muddy rain but what better way to have a true Washington experience!?! On the way back to the car Beckham was allowed out of his backpack to hike on his own. Adam said "don't work I'll help him!" He held Becks hand and had that little guy loving life! However Adam quickly got "tired" and poor Becks started to cry and would only hold Adam's hand....so Adam had no other choice but to help him ALL the way down which kept Beckham laughing and happy as can be to have a good friend looking out for him!
Easter came and we watched Beckhams first egg hunt! Melissa taught us a new technique to color eggs which was totally awesome, it shall be a continued tradition! Of course you can't have Easter morning without curried eggs, so Mike made them for us! Delicious! We got the "Beckham show" wow that kid is a busy body! Although we took babysitting duty while he was supposed to be taking a nap and M&M ran to the store, but he woke up, fortunately I was able to get about 45 minutes of pure cuddle time with the little guy, apparantly a rare occurance and I loved it! He was so tired. Nathan entertained Becks with his "monkey" impression and Beckham became very demanding for more "do it!!" He yelled straight at Nathan when he wasn't getting more "monkey" HAHAHA awesome!


Although over all our trip felt too short and we weren't ready to leave we created tons of memories and loved having them all to ourselves! Thanks guys for having us, we miss you already! We will have to make it back again! Love you all so much! We would love to have you at our place anytime!

2 comments:

  1. We loved it too! We definately want to take you up on your offer to have us visit too. I'm sure you're back to enjoying your sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for vacations! reading your post makes me want to go visit my parents :) Looks like you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete